Friday, March 9, 2007

Health Video???

So today was the day my dear innocent daughter got to watch the "Health Video" a.k.a. Sex Education Video in her 4th grade class. There has been much anticipation in our household waiting for this event, (both from her AND me). Now don't get me wrong, I have no problem explaining things to her as she is very easy to talk to but the anxiety that I am having is the other influences beyond mine that she is now experiencing. She called me at recess and giggled a little bit about how silly the video was and she made me smile because she was so open with me, but as I hung up the phone a feeling of sadness came over me. The innocence is slowly leaving her and I am terrified. Someone told me when she was born and not sleeping at night that that would be the hardest thing to get through. They were wrong, this is by far the worst feeling and the hardest part of parenting that I have had to deal with. I pray that God will guide her as she grows and continues on her path of life. For now though I have decided to lock her in her room and make her watch Barney again. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your good parenting will get you through this. It is hard though to cope with the changes and outside influences. We found that the outside forces were not as important as strong infulence at home (most of the time). Hang in there.

Scott said...

Nanna,
So you thought. What you didn't know was all the better for me! Mwwwaahaaahhaaa!




I'm kidding, just kidding. If I turned out OK (which is very debatable) Hannah's going to do just fine. She has an AWESOME mom who loves her very much. That's the key.
-S.

Anonymous said...

I guess I forgot to mention the exception to best efforts at parenting. Oh Well! Good luck Melissa, just don't think too much about how Scott turned out.