Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Being Auntie Mo

I decided to write on a topic that makes me smile and feel all warm and fuzzy....being Auntie Mo. There has been alot of sadness this week, between Brian's Nana passing away and my best friend Jana's tragedies at home I need to focus on something that makes me smile.

Besides being a mom the second best thing is being Auntie Mo. Now, I know that those of you that know the Stringer Girls will agree that those four smiley faces is enough to make a bad day turn into a bright sunny day.

I talked on the phone with all of them today and Bethy instantly put a smile on my face when her little voice said hello. At one point during the conversation (while she was having me say hello to Abbey and Eli) she dropped the phone and when I said "Did you drop me?" she replied "I not drop you." I love the stage where they are still trying to form the right sentences.

Emily is the reserved one that always gets on the phone, slowly and carefully saying "Hi Auntie Mo." She will tell me the details of things and then say "Do you want to talk to Katelynn?" When she's done with me, she's done with me.

Then it's Katelynn's turn "Hellloooo" she says. She tells me about the latest Nancy Drew book that she is reading and what the other kids are up to. I always ask her if she is helping her mom and of course she is.

Hailey is usually last (or after Bethy who puts the phone up to her ear). I hear the tiny "hi" coming out of her, then a bunch of jibberish that is quite possibly THEE cutest thing I have ever heard. I am sure that she is telling me what a pain all the other girls are and how she wants out of her diaper or her bangs out of her face. Sometimes I just get hung up on but most of the time I get to re-cap the conversation I just had to Janell (who is probably rolling her eyes, because she has already heard what they have said to me). :)

I hang up the phone (like I did today) feeling like the luckiest Auntie in the world and wishing that I can squeeze all of them. I am so glad that they are living in San Diego and really dread when they have to move away. I will miss the birthday dates that I have with each one and I will miss Bethy ready to pack her bags to come home with me after I have spent the weekend with them. (Sigh)

Being Auntie Mo is truly a priviledge...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Auntie Mo, I really miss them all.

GoughRMAK said...

Hi Auntie Mo, thanks for posting on our blog. I linked over to your blog to "meet" you & Hannah. I've never seen pictures of you guys. Nice to meet you both! *grin*. Thanks for sharing your girls with me, I love them all!!

Auntie Mel