Sunday, April 15, 2007

Good-bye Spring Break, Helloooo Summer!

We just got home from camping at Refugio Beach for the weekend and had a taste of what the summer is going to be like. I love that we are able to pick up and go camping, beach or other, it is one of my favorite things to do. It helps that we grew up camping but I never really appreciated it until a few years ago. This weekend we went with some families from Brian's Friday softball group "The Cellar Dwellers". There were three campers, one tent (that's us), two dogs, six kids and nine adults - pretty close to going camping with the Stringer Zoo :)

As soon as we finished setting up Hannah and I took off down the beach to explore the tide pools. It was alot of fun to walk with her. She is so animated and is a funny girl. I have enjoyed hanging with her more and more and wish that time would stand still sometimes. We were gone for quite awhile and when we got back the guys had starting playing football between campsites while the kids were off climbing trees (miraculously there was only one tumble out of a tree). The two dogs that were there (Buster and Rabbit) were ADORABLE boxers so we got to take them on a few walks (or other way around). Once Brian and I took the dogs and Brian had to use the restroom so I was holding to both of the dogs. As my family knows, I tend to get the dogs (both my moms and sisters) riled up with my shrill voice. I found out that was not such a great idea with two hyper boxers that can jump as high as my face.....all of the sudden the dogs were jumping all over each other and me, trying to get their leashes and barking away. Meantime I was yelling, "Rabbit, NO! Buster, NO! Rabbit, Buster get OOOOOFFF!!!" and getting all tangled up. Brian came out of the bathroom laughing his buns off and to rescue me. I guess charma got me for all the times I have riled up my mom's dog and gotten her in trouble. :)

The night brought a HUGE bonfire, hamburgers and smores and lots of laughter going around. Like my day playing hooky the other day with the girls, this was also a much needed weekend.

This morning one of the guys made us cinnamon pancakes that were SOOO good - which reminds me, I have to get to the gym tonight! Hannah and Brian went off and played football on the beach, then we packed up and headed to Woodstocks in Isla Vista, Santa Barbara for some home cooked pizza.

I have put everything away and am settling down to do some work but wanted to recap my weekend. The summer holds many more weekends like that and I can't wait!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like a lot of fun. Glad you had a good time. I really enjoy camping too. See you soon.
Dad

GoughRMAK said...

You have been tagged to post 8 random things about yourself (or selves). To see the rules, check out our BLOG.

Rich